Hello Royal Family! I know, it's been forever. I have been extremely busy lately. God has truly blessed me and has opened up so many doors. Here are just a few things that have been keeping my attention lately.
1. School I just wish I could have my diploma already. That is all.
2. Church On top of already being an assistant musician and over the praise team at my church, my Pastor charged me with the huge responsibility of being on of the youth advisers. So far, the experience has been a tad bit stressful, but very rewarding. I have re-structured the youth department and we are currently in the process of re-building the ministry. We are implementing new programs and transforming an area in our church specifically for the youth. After we stabilize the ministry, we will begin to re-introduce Gethsemane and the youth ministry to the community. Tons of work, but I am so proud with how my kids are responding to the responsibility and becoming more active and involved.
3. IgniteNC Fellowship Program I was accepted into the IgniteNC Fellowship Program as a Community Organizing Fellow. This program allows me to learn better community organizing skills, network, and continue to work with the Beloved Community Center.
4. The A&T Register Of course, I am still writing for the A&T Register, just about every week.
5. Impact Greensboro I was also accepted into Impact Greensboro, a leadership program for aspiring community leaders. Our first session was last Friday. I felt SO blessed to be a student, sitting in a room filled with executive directors of non-profit organizations and other professionals. I am so excited to see what I will learn through this program and how it will change me. If you are in Greensboro, I definitely recommend you check out and apply for this program next year
6. Everything else that life throws at me Aside from all of those wonderful things that are keeping me occupied, I am also volunteering with a couple other organizations, and still trying to make time for myself. Weekly.
Keep me in your prayers that I might continue on this journey, and that God gives me strength, courage and peace when I feel like sometimes giving up.
I want to hear from YOU! What have you been up to? What amazing, or not so amazing, things are happening in your life? Comment below or Approach The Throne!