Pinterest Recipe: Pesto Pita Bread Pizza
I am still SO surprised by how good this recipe is! It is VERY easy to make as well! I love that it is a healthy alternative to an unhealthy meal. I also made a side of sweet potato fries. (Which can be found in the freezer section of your grocery store) The original recipe called for spinach, mushrooms, and tomatoes. I hate mushrooms so I used onions instead. Next time I will be experimenting with some different toppings!
Also, I had never tried pesto sauce and wasn't sure if I would like it, so I bought some from the store. However, the recipe also included a link to a pesto recipe which I will be trying as well.
(This recipe is for one pizza; modify to fit larger servings.)
- 1 pita bread
- Pesto sauce
- Feta Cheese
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- Spinach leaves with stems cut off
- Toppings (Tomato and onions)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spread a thin or thick (whichever you prefer) layer of pesto sauce onto the pita bread.
- Top with spinach leaves. Then add toppings and feta cheese.
- Cover with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven, cut into four slices, and enjoy!