Pinterest Recipe: Parmesan Crusted Tilapia
Here's an easy and quick tilapia recipe! It's great with a side of garlic and olive oil green beans and a baked sweet potato.
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup butter, softened (I used less)
- 3 Tbsp mayonnaise (I used Reduced Fat Mayo)
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp dried basil
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/8 tsp onion powder
- 1/8 tsp celery salt
- 2 pounds tilapia fillets
- Preheat broiler. Line baking pan with aluminum foil.
- In a small bowl, mix together the Parmesan cheese, butter, mayonnaise and lemon juice. Season with dried basil, pepper, onion powder and celery salt. Mix well and set aside.
- Arrange fillets in a single layer on the prepared pan. Broil a few inches from the heat for 2 to 3 minutes. Flip the fillets over and broil for a couple more minutes.
- Remove the fillets from the oven and cover them with the Parmesan cheese mixture on the top side. Broil for 2 more minutes or until the topping is browned and fish flakes easily with a fork. Be careful not to over cook the fish.