5 Tips for Staying Productive
The new year has arrived and many of us will attempt to make lifestyle changes, tackle new year resolutions, and achieve small and large goals.
But in order to complete any task, big or little, you have to stay productive. Here are a few tips that you can use throughout your day to stay focused.
1. Eat healthy snacks throughout the day. Fruits like apples contain natural sugars that will give you energy and won't make you crash. Eat snacks like almonds, granola, and veggies with peanut butter to satisfy your need to munch.
2. Listen to music. Music can help you stay focused and on task. Instrumental tracks and slower mellow music will help your brain concentrate more.
3. Take small short breaks. Give your brain time to rest throughout the day. Step away from your computer or work, take a quick walk, or do quick, moderate, yoga.
4. Write down your daily/weekly tasks. At the beginning of the week, I take time to make a list of everything I need to accomplish for the week. I look at big picture items, break them down into individual tasks, and assign them to a day. At the end of each day, I look at what task I didn't complete that day, and what items need to be completed tomorrow. This helps me create a game-plan for each day.
5. Create a non-distracting work environment. Remove any clutter from your workspace. Decorate with a minimalistic approach so that your brain will remain focused throughout the day.
What other tips do you have for staying productive?